You are here
The governance of the Synergie Lyon Cancer Foundation is composed of a Management Board and a Steering Committee.
The Management Board
The Management Board is composed of the four founding members of the Synergie Lyon Cancer Foundation, two elected members representing the researchers and teacher-researchers, two qualified personalities, a representative of the Rhône-Alpes Region and representatives of two partners.
It is responsible for determining the Foundation’s strategic orientations, based on the proposals of the Scientific Steering Committee.
It meets at least twice a year.
List of the members
- Philippe ARCHINARD, Lyonbiopole – partner
- Doctor Jean-Pierre BIZZARI, qualified personality and President
- Muriel MALBEZIN, Hospices Civils de Lyon – founding member
- Professor Francois-Noël GILLY, Hospices Civils de Lyon - founding member
- Doctor Patrick MEHLEN, elected researcher
- Professor Pierre-Germain GILLET, Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1 - founding member
- Professor Jean-Yves BLAY, Centre Léon Bérard - founding member
- Dominique PELLA, Inserm – founding member
- Doctor Thierry PHILIP, regional authorities
- Professor Alain PUISIEUX, Centre Léon Bérard - founding member
- Doctor Marina ROUSSEAU-TSANGARIS, Centre Léon Bérard - founding member
- Professor Gilles SALLES, elected teacher-researcher
- Professor Véronique TRILLET-LENOIR, Hospices Civils de Lyon - founding member
- François SIGAUX, partner - INCa
- Jesus MARTIN-GARCIA, qualified personality
The Scientific Steering Committee
The Steering Committee is composed of 4 to 8 doctors or researchers belonging to the network and representative of its scientific spectrum. Its members are appointed by the Management Board, based on the proposals of the founding members.
It is responsible for coordinating the network’s scientific activity. The Scientific Steering Committee proposes orientations and a scientific strategy that are discussed and validated by the Management Board.
List of the members :
On a daily basis
the Foundation is managed by the General Secretary who works in close collaboration with the Financial Manager. Together they propose an operational strategy to the Management Board.
The General Secretary is in charge of the general administration, communication, seeking sponsorship, human resources and the Foundation’s financial management.
She validates with the Financial Manager everything regarding the budget and the action plans. As the Financial Manager is also the General Secretary of Research of the Léon Bérard Centre, she is also very involved in research partnerships.
General Secretary of the Foundation: Marie-Caroline Fiore
Financial Manager: Marina Rousseau-Tsangaris, General Secretary of Research
Executive office: Marina Rousseau-Tsangaris, Jean-Pierre Bizzari, Marie-Caroline Fiore
The executive office manages the Foundation, implements the decisions of the Management Board and deals with urgent matters on its own initiative. It must account to the Management Board for its actions and the positions its takes.